Hi! The beginning of this blog is actually an assignment for my class: Children with Special Needs. This blog will serve as a chronicle of my adventures as a teacher at some point, but first I will be creating a resource file. The resource file will include a compilation of what we’ve discussed in class, covered in the textbook, other resources, and my own aha-moments or important take-aways from the class.
Some of the things that will be covered in this resource file:
- Major Laws Regarding Children with Special Needs
- Major Disability Types/Diagnoses
- Characteristics of A Great Early Childhood Educator in an Inclusive Classroom
- Information Working and Partnering with Families
- What Else I Plan on Learning When the Class Ends (a lot I’m sure)
- What Inclusion Means
- Information about Intervention for Children with Potential Disabilities
- Development Information: Normal vs Exceptional
- Assessing Children with Special Needs
- The Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) and Individual Education Plan (IEP) Process
- Lots of Information on Implementing Inclusion
- Help and Managing Challenging Behaviors
- And more….
I look forward to getting my notes organized and up on the blog. I hope this blog is helpful to other Early Childhood Educators, Families of Children with Special Needs, and, of course, my teacher (ya know, to help give me a good grade).
Lots of love and sunshine, Ms. Sarah